Reefer Trailer Sound Addon v1.4
Minor definition update compatible with Krone DLC update
This mod adds the definition files to activate the Sound Fixes Pack reefer sounds for reefer trailers by SCS Software.
There are some trade-offs due to reefer sounds not being a standard feature in the game yet.
Nevertheless, a lot of limitations have been overcome to allow more freedom and less hassles. Read below for details:
1. Enable this addon and the Sound Fixes Pack in high priority in the Mod Manager.
2. Ensure “Noise of the flowing air” is activated in the Audio settings and that there are no conflicting wind sound mods.
The refrigerated trailer will beep and its engine will startup after coupling the trailer.
The reefer will continue to run as you drive and you can hear the hum of it from the truck interior.
The mod relies on the wind sound to carry the reefer sound.
Due to the way the wind sounds are optimized, it cannot sustain the reefer sound at 0 km/h for long.
The reefer sounds should kick back in once you set off, however.
The sound event will stop after decoupling the trailer.
If you want to take a break and keep the reefer running while idling or parked, such as when you’re parked at a truck stop:
Simply disconnect and reconnect the trailer to reactivate the cycle.
See compatibility section for what modes the functionality will work.
For any owned reefer trailer, there is a workaround built in to the Sound Fixes Pack to enable the reefer sound as you drive.
The reefer startup sound effect and the stationary reefer sound is not supported with the workaround option.
Workaround for any trailer including owned reefer trailers:
1. Go into the Audio settings.
2. In the voice navigation menu, select “~ Function – Force enable reefer sound”.
3. Click the Preview button.
4. Select a different voice navigation option OR uncheck the voice navigation, then drive to hear the reefer sound.
5. If you want to turn off the reefer sound, detaching the trailer will work in most cases. Otherwise restart the game.
Fully supported trailers:
1. Base game reefer trailers
2. Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack DLC reefer trailers
3. Krone Trailer Pack DLC Cool Liner trailers
Freight Market: Confirmed to work
External Contracts: Confirmed to work.
Quick Jobs: Can work, but you need to disconnect and reconnect the trailer to start the cycle.
Ownable Trailers: Requires the workaround – sound can play only when moving.
Game versions: 1.43, 1.42, 1.41
Sound Fixes Pack required for the functionality.
Sound volume configuration:
1. The Trailer Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer startup noise and sound loop of a new cycle.
2. The Truck Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer sound loop when driving.
3. It is recommended to have both sliders at the same volume (50%) for consistency.